CarMD’S B2B VEHICLE DATA SERVICES SOLUTIONS HAVE BEEN CURATED, DEVELOPED, ENRICHED, AND CONVERTED INTO VALUABLE INFORMATION FOR OVER A DECADE AND THEY ARE NOW AVAILABLE FOR SUBSCRIPTION LICENSING. THE OPPORTUNITY TO DRIVE INNOVATION AND CHANGE USING DATA WITHIN THE AUTO INDUSTRY IS POISED FOR TAKEOFF.
Automotive IP Databases
Automotive IP Databases
Available Data Areas
Data Services Background
– OEs or OEMs or Automotive OEs use it to see how their vehicles stack up against similar makes and models in terms of in-use failures and costs to determine area of strength and areas to improve reliability.
– Parts companies want to track failure trends on parts.
– Techs use it to quickly determine what to fix and reduce diagnostic time.
– DIYers use it to determine what to fix / limit the cost of diagnostic or repair time.
– Consumers use it to empower themselves with information for efficient and fairly priced repairs, and to reduce cost of ownership.
– Retailers use it to accurately match parts for the repair, reduce returns.
Failure & Cost
– Techs use it to drive extra revenue by upselling customers on replacing items now before they fail during vehicle use and the customer is stranded.
– DIYers use it to determine if a vehicle should be kept and if so, how much they will need to save to plan for these predicted failures.
– Fleet owners use it to determine if a vehicle should be kept and if so, how much they will need to save to plan for these predicted failures, or to preemptively replace the items to prevent unplanned down time.
– National and regional check engine light trend data, Industry make and model lists highlighting vehicles with fewest check engine light costs and lowest average repair costs by YMM, state, region and date range.
– Industry make and model diagnostic and service maintenance reports.
– Consumers use it to make used car buying and selling decisions, budget for upcoming maintenance and likely repairs.
– Techs use it to determine what services are needed on a car and when. They can use this information to drive revenue for parts and labor even when the vehicle does not have a problem.
– DIYers use it determine what services are needed on their car and when so they can keep their operating at peak efficiency.
– Fleet owners use it to keep their vehicles running efficiently to avoid downtime as well as optimize fuel efficiency.
– Insights about actual in-use vehicle population by geography (mileage, trouble codes, models, emissions test failure rate, etc.)
Spotlight Data Areas
CarMD® Vehicle Health Index™
– Since 2011, industry leaders, major media and consumers have looked to the CarMD® Vehicle Health Index™ as a key industry resource.
– Published tri-annually, it offers brand recognition and a sampling of the unique data set available to our partners. It generates web traffic and data sales leads.
– Spring: Common “check engine” problems, repairs and related costs.
– Summer: State-by-state ranking of car repair costs, including parts & labor.
– Fall/Winter: Manufacturer & vehicle reliability rankings.
– 800 million+ impressions! CarMD has been referenced as an expert data source in broadcast outlets like CNN & CNBC; national news sources such as New York Times, USA Today & Newsday; and online Yahoo! front page, MSN Autos, TIME, etc.
CarMD is a Leader in Fix Data
– CarMD processes 100s of millions of vehicles diagnostic events each year and continually invests resources, both automated and manual, to determine the associated fixes. Our fixes include resolution steps, parts and labor cost for each failure.
– Our curated Fix data blended with other datasets drives personalized customer engagement, predictive failure insights, and vehicle cost of ownership knowledge.
To contact the team about licensing our
information datasets, please contact: