- Basic requirements
- Purchasing carmd
- Tracking your package
- CarMD setup
The CarMD® Vehicle Health System™ is a consumer product designed to provide the average driver with the tools and information to monitor your vehicle’s health, catch hidden problems and diagnose dashboard warning lights. While it uses professional quality tools and information, it’s simple enough for anyone to use to find out what’s wrong with your vehicle and what repairs will cost in your geographic area. Check to make sure CarMD will work properly with your vehicle.
The CarMD handheld device is ready to use right out of the box, and includes everything needed to monitor a car’s health and comes with free lifetime software and firmware updates. Check to make sure your computer requirements can handle CarMD .
You may purchase CarMD directly from us or from a licensed 3rd party such as Amazon or HSN.
Tracking your package
If you purchased directly from the CarMD.com site, you can track your package as it is being delivered.
You can start the setup process without the CarMD although you will need the product in order to get CarMD reports.
- Create an account
- Once your information successfully submits, you will be led to a different page. This is your member dashboard.
- Please follow these instructions carefully, DO NOT add a vehicle to your account until AFTER you’ve installed the app and then plugged the CarMD into your computer. Doing this out of order will result in requesting a $30 charge. If you purchased a CarMD from an approved seller, you do not need to purchase any additional items to receive your free report.
- Download our software and install it.
- On some versions of the app it will ask you to log in. Please do so.
- Having trouble installing on Mac?
- You are now ready to use your CarMD with your car.
- Plug the product into the computer
- Use the included USB cable to plug the CarMD into your computer.
- After a few seconds, your browser should automatically launch
- Please log in if necessary.
- Getting your free reports (updated!)
- Select or add your vehicle.
- To use your free reports, on the screen that asks “Do you wish to add this vehicle to your Garage?” Select YES.
- Selecting NO means you wish to run a report on a vehicle not in your Garage which will require additional payment.
- If this vehicle is already in your Garage, you will not see this option.
- Each CarMD purchased from an approved vendor includes an allotment of coverage for 3 or 4 vehicles* (Garage Spaces) where you may add vehicles that you own/lease. Once a vehicle is added to a Garage Space in your account, you may create CarMD reports for free for life for these vehicles.
- The next screen will ask if you’d like a vehicle history report. Vehicle History Reports differ from CarMD Garage reports and require an additional purchase (more information here: http://www.carmd.com/wp/whats-a-vehicle-history-report/ )
- If you do not wish to run a Vehicle History Report but would like to run a Garage Report, Select NO