Our goal is to ensure that you are completely satisfied with your CarMD purchase. We take pride in the quality of our products and offering exceptional customer service is our top priority. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please follow the guidelines detailed below and we will be happy to help you to return your purchase.
Items Purchased From A Third Party Reseller
This policy does not apply to purchases made from third party resellers. In the event you purchased your CarMD product from a reseller, please contact the merchant directly for their return policy.
Items Purchased From CarMD.com Corp.
Please carefully follow these steps if you need to return the product back to us. This policy also applies to items purchased through one of our infomercial toll free numbers.
- You may return hardware products within 30 days. No returns will be accepted after 30 days.
- If you decide to return, please contact customer service through our form to request a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number.
- Return package in its original product packaging – we recommend using a carrier that can insure it and provide you a package tracking number (FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc.). Please realize that CarMD is not responsible for return postage paid and for a lost or misdirected package.
- Clearly write the provided RMA Number on the outside of your shipping box.
- If possible, include a copy of the Refund Confirmation Email you receive to ensure faster processing.
- Once we receive your package, please allow up to 10 business days to receive your refund.
- Shipping & Handling fees are non-refundable.
- This policy does not apply to memberships and services, including the CarMD® Vehicle Health Plan™, CarMD® Technical Service Bulletins, CarMD® Roadside Rescue Service, Personal-Mechanic Assistant, and other service (non-tangible) related products.
CarMD will notify you via email (if provided) of your refund once we have received and processed your returned item. A credit will be issued to the original purchaser’s credit card within 7 to 10 business days of receipt and inspection by our Quality Control Center. If for any reason it is determined that we cannot provide you with a credit, you will be contacted by email, phone, or regular mail within 10 business days of receipt and inspection of the product.
IMPORTANT: WE DO NOT ISSUE REFUNDS ON PURCHASES FOR ROADSIDE RESCUE SERVICE, PERSONAL-MECHANIC ASSISTANT, PREMIUM MEMBERSHIPS OR TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETINS (TSB).
If you feel that your product issue is covered under warranty, please contact customer service using our form to start a warranty claim. For detailed information on our warranty policies, please click here.
Damaged During Shipping
If your product arrives damaged you must contact the CarMD customer service department within 5 business days of receiving the damaged product to claim any damages under warranty. (Customers who purchase the additional replacement warranty are not constrained by this clause). You may contact CarMD through our customer service form.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us through our customer service form. CarMD.com Corp. reserves the right to change this policy at any time without prior notice.
NOTE: If you are returning your product based on one of our guarantees, please follow the instructions below.
CarMD® Get it Right the First Time Guarantee*
We stand behind our product and the diagnosis we give you and we take data accuracy very seriously.
We are so confident that the CarMD® Vehicle Health System™ will correctly tell you what is wrong with your car that if CarMD ever gives you the wrong diagnosis, CarMD will pay for your repairs for you, up to $500. The CarMD® Vehicle Health System™ is built using the same technology that automotive technicians use to diagnose vehicle problems and has been rigorously tested and validated.
*Terms & Conditions
By purchasing this product you agree to these terms. CarMD will pay for your repairs (up to $500) as long as it meets all of the following criteria:
- Product must be purchased directly from CarMD.com Corporation. Only products ordered from CarMD by phone or online from www.CarMD.com are covered under this guarantee.
- This guarantee covers the diagnosis only. Specifically the fault codes provided by your vehicle.
- The cure, or most likely fix for your vehicle, is not covered under this guarantee as the fix needed will vary from vehicle to vehicle. CarMD provides the most likely fix for your vehicle based on nationwide data.
- The CarMD® Vehicle Health System™ must be plugged into a vehicle and linked to CarMD.com at least once to have a valid and true data comparison as to whether CarMD did or did not provide the correct diagnosis.
- In order to submit a claim for this guarantee a sworn affidavit must be provided by an ASE certified master technician (A-series) stating that in back to back tests the diagnostic tool used by the technician and the CarMD® Vehicle Health System™ provided contradicting or inaccurate fault codes. Furthermore the ASE master technician must be using a certified tool that is one of the top 20 tools sold in the aftermarket industry for diagnosing OBD-II (On board diagnostics second generation) vehicles. The tool used must be fully updated with the latest software for that tool available and referenced in the affidavit as well as the software version used. The technicians name and ASE certification number must also be current and provided as a part of this claim. You must also attach your diagnostic report from the technician as well as the receipt for the repair work done to complete your claim.
- All claims must be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the phrase Get It Right Guarantee on the subject line. If all information required above is not submitted the claim is not valid.
- Only one claim can be submitted per each tool and must be submitted by the person who purchased the tool only.